As from 1 January 2020 The Parachute Regiment Charity and Airborne Forces Security Fund will merge and be renamed The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces Charity, maintaining the trading name of Support our Paras.
Its objects, as stated in its governing document, are:
(1) the promotion of efficiency of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces;
(2) the relief of need, hardship and distress amongst past and present members of The Parachute Regiment, Airborne Forces and their dependants;
(3) the promotion and maintenance of the heritage of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces.
It is controlled by a board of trustees which oversees the charity’s operations and ensures it is acting within its objects and under charity law. It is also responsible to the Charity Commission (registered Charity 1131977) and Companies House (07005997).
The charity manages the PARAS'10 endurance race at Colchester and Catterick on an annual basis.
These are the some of the ways it has helped soldiers and their families:
- Bespoke wheelchairs and equipment to enable amputees to lead active lives and participate in sports
- Disability alterations to homes and vehicles Employment and educational training for leavers
- Support for mental health
- Costs for veterans attending commemorations such as Arnhem and Normandy
- Mobility vehicles for wounded veterans and disabled children
- Enabling families of those killed in action to attend memorial parades or services
- Soldiers’ adventurous training and sports team equipment/kit
- Family days to provide support during deployment
- Transport costs for overseas relatives of wounded soldiers
- Help with funeral costs
For more details please visit the Support Our Paras Website.
The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces Charity