The Infantry Battle School Brecon (IBS) is based at Dering Lines in Powys, and is part of the British Army’s School of Infantry.
IBS provides command and leadership training, infantry tactics training, weapons training, and live firing range qualifications for officers and soldiers.
Infantry training has been conducted at Dering Lines since 1939.
The Parachute Regiment’s Battle Camp was formed there in 1961 and later became The Parachute Regiment Battle School.
The School Of Infantry formed an NCOs’ Tactical Training Wing at Dering Lines in 1967 and absorbed the Para Battle School in 1976.
In the early 1990s plans were drawn up to centralise the School of Infantry’s tactical and skill at arms training at Dering Lines and the site was subsequently redeveloped for an official opening of the revamped training school in April 1995.
For further information about the Infantry Battle School on the British Army website, please click here.Read More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces