286 (Airborne) Park Squadron was formed by the expansion and redesignation of 286 (Airborne) Field Park Company. Some members of 249 (Airborne) Field Company were transferred to 286 to support its expansion.
It operated in Palestine and provided the workshop, equipment, plant and stores unit for the engineers of 6th Airborne Division.
In 1946, it was redesignated as 249th Airborne Park Squadron, and on 24 January 1947 one detachment of the the squadron sailed from Haifa for the UK, as part of 2nd Parachute Brigade Group.
Later in 1947, 249th Airborne Park Squadron was redesignated again as 147th Airborne Park Squadron.Read More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces