147 Field Park Squadron RE was a non airborne unit which operated as part of 11 Armoured Division in World War II.
147 (Airborne) Park Squadron RE appears unconnected other than by name to its predecessor and was formed in 1947 by the redesignation of 249 (Airborne) Park Squadron.
It provided the workshop, equipment, plant and stores unit for the engineers of the 6th Airborne Division in Palestine.
The unit was disbanded while in Palestine, and the trained parachutists posted to 1st Airborne Squadron RE.Read More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces