Peter Morgan Fletcher enlisted into the RAF in 1940, and in 1942 became Physical Training Instructor at RAF Padgate.
A year later, Sergeant Fletcher moved to the Parachute Training School of Instruction and was awarded his Parachute Instructor’s badge in August 1943. Sgt Fletcher was then posted to RAF Fairford and later to RAF Ringway.
In October 1945 he was awarded the Croix-de Guerre.
Sgt Fletcher was posted to the Reserves in 1946, returning to the RAF in 1948 when he was commissioned into the Officer Cadet Training Unit.
Lieutenant Fletcher returned to Parachute Training before being posted to the Air Ministry Intelligence Unit. He served in the Far East and was promoted to Squadron Leader in 1955 after being awarded the Air Force Cross.
Returning to the UK, Sqn-Ldr Fletcher was posted to No 1 Parachute Training School at RAF Stanmore in 1959. In 1965 he was posted to the RAF Support Unit in Australia, returning to RAF Scampton when the project he was working on was cancelled.
Sqn-Ldr Fletcher retired in 1966 and became the Warden of an outdoor pursuits centre in Sussex.
By Rebecca Blackburn with information supplied by Mrs J EamesRead More