This record is under development
Holding units were operated for airborne forces during World War II and the immediate post war period to hold the large numbers of recently trained personnel prior to allocation to an operational unit. They were also used for personnel awaiting demobilisation.
The Royal Signals operated a holding depot at Stoneyborough Camp, Thirsk, Yorkshire, in 1946.Read More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces