The Parachute Regiment Reserve Battalion was established at the turn of 1944-45.
It was initially based at Beverley, Yorkshire, and then Piddlehinton, Dorset, from 1945 and contained a mixture of freshly qualified personnel awaiting posting and men awaiting demobilisation.
Around September 1946 the unit relocated to Talavera Barracks, Aldershot, where it was renamed as as The Parachute Regiment Training and Holding Battalion.
The battalion was disbanded in 1947.
|1946-47||Lt Col EJO'B Croker MC|
Unit Profile under development.Read More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces