No 575 Squadron was formed at Hendon on 1 January 1944 from a nucleus supplied by No 512 Squadron.
Equipped with Dakotas, it began training with airborne forces for the invasion of Europe and in April began leaflet-dropping flights over France.
575 Squadron was heavily involved in the airborne operations for Normandy, Arnhem and the Rhine Crossing.
In January 1946 the squadron moved to Italy and flew services to Austria, Romania, Greece and Bulgaria, before being disbanded on 15 August 1946.
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces