This record is under development
The Army Air Corps Holding Battalion was one of a series of reserve, holding and training units maintained during the Second World War and the immediate post war period for airborne forces troops.
It was established in April 1945, when Capt (QM) Beattie led an advance party to secure accommodation in Yorkshire at Boroughbridge, Ripon and Knaresborough.
The battalion reached a peak establishment at the end of 1945, thereafter its numbers were progressively reduced and the battalion was disbanded in 1946.
|1945||Lt Col JG Shillington|
|1945||Lt Col RG Parker DSO|
|1945-46||Lt Col BA Wilson DSO MC|
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces