The Army Air Corps/ Airborne Forces Depot was briefly based at Albany Barracks on the Isle of Wight following relocation from Hardwick Hall in 1946.
Its tenure on the island was brief and it relocated to Aldershot in October 1946, where it remained until 1993 following an Army wide reorganisation of recruit training.
(Lt Col RJR Campbell was the Commanding Officer when the Depot moved onto the island and was succeeded by Lt Col TJ Firbank MC.)Read More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces