The 6th Parachute Brigade (Territorial) was formed in 1947 as one of three TA parachute brigades under the command of 16th Airborne Division TA, the others being 4th and 5th Parachute Brigades (Territorial).
In 1950 the brigade was renumbered as 46th Parachute Brigade TA.
In 1956, reductions in the number of TA PARA Battalions resulted in the disbandment of 16th Airborne Division TA together with 45th Parachute Brigade (TA), 46th Parachute Brigade (TA) and 16th Battalion (Welsh) (TA).
The remaining TA PARA Battalions, including 13th and 15th Battalions (TA), transferred to a reconstituted 44th Independent Parachute Brigade Group (TA), although the 13th Battalion merged shortly after with the 12th, to form 12/13th Battalion, The Parachute Regiment (TA), in October 1956.
|1947-49||Brigadier GPL Weston DSO|
|1949-51||Brigadier P Hopkinson|
|1952-54||Brigadier FP Barclay DSO MC|
|1954-56||Brigadier VW Street DSO MC|
Compiled with the assistance of John MuirRead More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces