In 1947, 2nd Airlanding Anti-Tank Regiment RA serving in Palestine as part of 6th Airborne Division was redesignated as 66th Airborne Anti-Tank Regiment RA.
On 12 March 1948 the regiment embarked on the Otranto at Haifa and sailed to the UK.
Later that year, in September, the unit was redesignated as 66th Airborne Light Regiment RA, while based at Cambridge Barracks, Woolwich.
The regiment was disbanded in 1950 with RHQ, 9 and 289 Batteries transferring to 65th HAA Regiment and 248 Battery joining 61 Regiment RA.Read More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces