History of 63 Company, RASC
Following removal from the command of 61 Infantry Brigade in October 1943, 63 Divisional Airborne Composite Company RASC was moved to Figsbury Barracks Winte
Following the disbandment of 6th Airborne Division in 1948, 63 (Airborne) Composite Company RASC was redesignated and reorganised to act as the transport support for 16 Independent Parachute Brigade Group.
It had an establishment of 350 personnel approximately half of whom were parachute trained.
During the 1950s it supported the Brigade during operational deployments in Cyprus, the Canal Zone, Suez and Jordan. It was garrisoned at Elles Barracks, Aldershot, from 1959.
The McLeod reforms reorganized British Army logistics, and led in 1965 to the creation of the Royal Corps of Transport. As a result the unit was redesignated as 63 Parachute Squadron RCT.Read More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces