629 Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment RA (TA) was resdesignated in April 1955 as 629 (The Cambridgeshire Regiment) Airborne Light Regiment RA (TA) and equipped with 4.2 inch mortars. Shortly after redesignation a large proportion of its personnel attended No 1 Parachute Training School RAF Abingdon for annual camp from 24 July to 6 August 1955.
It was later renamed as 629 (The Cambridgeshire Regiment) Parachute Light Regiment RA (TA)
Around 140 personnel had qualified as parachutists by the time the unit reverted to a non airborne role in July 1956.Read More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces