The 46th Parachute Brigade (TA) formed part of the 16th Airborne Division (TA).
Originally created as 6th Parachute Brigade on 1 May 1947, it was renumbered as 46th Parachute Brigade in 1950 and continued under Divisional command until 1956 when reductions in the number of TA PARA Battalions led to its disbandment.
The five remaining TA PARA Battalions continued as part of 44th Independent Parachute Brigade Group.
|1950-51*||Brigadier P Hopkinson|
|1952-54||Brigadier FP Barclay DSO MC|
|1954-56||Brigadier VW Street DSO MC|
* Brigadier P Hopkinson appointed to command 6th Parachute Brigade (Territorial) in 1949.Read More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces