The 44th Parachute Brigade (TA) formed part of the 16th Airborne Division (TA).
Originally created as 4th Parachute Brigade, it was renumbered as 44th Parachute Brigade in 1950 and continued under Divisional command until 1956 when reductions in the number of TA PARA Battalions led to the Division's disbandment.
The five remaining TA PARA Battalions and supporting arms continued as part of 44th Independent Parachute Brigade Group.
|1950-53||Brigadier JA Hopwood DSO|
|1953-55||Brigadier WD Tighe Wood MC|
|1955-56*||Brigadier PGF Young|
* Brigadier Young also commanded 44th Independent Parachute Brigade Group.Read More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces