The 40 (King George V's Own Bengal Sappers and Miners) Airborne Field Park Squadron (Royal Indian Engineers) formed part of the 44 Indian Airborne Division (later renamed as the 2 Indian Airborne Division).
It comprised of 3 troops: one of Sikhs (workshop), one of Hindhus and one of Muslims.
Around 1946 the Squadron was based in Karachi.
Officers Commanding the Squadron:
Major R E Holden July 1945
Major R C Tweddel January 1947
Compiled with the assistance of Lt Nic Blount. Record under constructionRead More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces