29 (Corunna) Battery was originally formed as Hislop's Company in 1755.
From 1958 until 1961 it operated as part of 33 Para Light Regiment RA when it transferred to 4 Field Regiment RA.
In 1977, following a defence review, 4 Field Regiment RA adopted a parachute role in support of 6 Field Force.
29 (Corunna) Bty and 97 (Lawson’s Company) Bty deployed to the South Atlantic in 1982 as part of the task force to retake the Falkands. 29 Bty sailed south onboard the MV Norland with 2 PARA.
4 Fld Regt lost its airborne role following further restructuring in 1983 on the formation of 5 Airborne Brigade.
29 (Corunna Bty) continues to operate today as part of 4 Fld Regt RA.Read More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces