249th (Airborne) Park Squadron was formed in 1946 by the redesignation of 286 (Airborne) Park Squadron.
It provided the workshop, equipment, plant and stores unit for the engineers of the 6th Airborne Division in Palestine.
On 24 January 1947, one detachment of the squadron sailed from Haifa for the UK, as part of 2nd Parachute Brigade Group.
Later in 1947, 249th Airborne Park Squadron was redesignated again as 147th (Airborne) Park Squadron.Read More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces