16th Airborne Divisional (Lincoln) Independent Company The Parachute Regiment provided the pathfinder element to the 16th Airborne Division (TA) established in 1947. The Company formed in 1950 and was based at Lincoln.
When the TA Division was reduced to the 44th Independent Parachute Brigade Group (TA) in 1956, the Company was re-named 16th (Lincoln) Independent Company The Parachute Regiment.
In 1968 the Company was re-designated 16 Indep Coy PARA (V) to serve the re-designated 44th (Volunteer) Parachute Brigade.
Further reductions in Airborne Forces in 1977 resulted in the disbandment of 44th Brigade and 16 Company was absorbed initially into 15 PARA (SV) in March the same year and then finally transferred to 4 PARA (V) in July 1984 where it has since been totally absorbed and the title disappeared.
The detachment in Lincoln was disbanded in 2000.
16th Airborne Divisional (Lincoln) Independent Company The Parachute Regiment
|1950-52||Maj GH Seal|
|1952-53||Capt JN Smith|
|1953-56||Maj AJ Bennett MBE|
16th (Lincoln) Independent Company The Parachute Regiment
|1956-60||Maj AJ Bennett MBE|
|1960-61||Maj DJM Sheddon|
|1961||Maj WRA Oddie|
|1961-64||Maj DM Fletcher MC|
|1964-65||Maj K Spacie|
|1965||Capt JCH Harvey|
|1965-8||Maj RJ Jenkins|
|1968||Maj PE Wood|
16th (Volunteer) Independent Company The Parachute Regiment
|1968-70||Major PE Wood|
|1970-71||Maj DWF Taylor|
|1971-72||Maj CG Thomson|
|1972-74||Maj HWR Pike|
|1974-75||Maj AH Clark|
|1975-77||Maj JH Insley|
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces