The 154th Gurkha Parachute Battalion was formed from the 3rd Battalion 7th Gurkha Rifles in August 1943 and served with the 50th (Indian) Parachute Brigade.
It was re-designated the 3rd Battalion The Indian Parachute Regiment in March 1945, which was in turn disbanded in October 1946.
1943 Lt Col H Parsons
1943-4 Lt Col GHW Bond
1944-6 Lt Col J White. (3 (Indian) PARA 1945-6)
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces