This record is under development
123 Parachute Field Regiment RA was formed by the redesignation of 123 Field Regiment RA in January 1945. The regiment had previously arrived in India in 1942 and was already stationed at Secunderabad by the time that 44 Indian Airborne Division was formed there in April 1944.
The regiment comprised 3 batteries numbered 283, 284 and 488.
Continuing shortages of British artillery in the South East Asian Command resulted in the withdrawal of the regiment from 44 Indian Airborne Division's Order of Battle at the end of June 1945 and it reverted to a non airborne role.Read More
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces