- 2003The 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment (3 PARA) 3 PARA (Lieutenant)
- 2006Army Foundation College Harrogate (PARA) (Captain)
- 2007The 3rd Battalion The Parachute Regiment (3 PARA) 3 PARA - FSG (Captain)
- 2009Army Training Regiment Bassingbourn (Captain)
- 2010OC P Company Infantry Training Centre Catterick OC P Company (Acting Major)
- 2012Intermediate Command and Staff Course (Land) 8B - Course (Major)
Afghanistan (Operation Herrick IV)
‘Hot spot’ battle areas were around the towns of Now Zad, Musa Qala, Sangin and Gereshk. Fighting might last six to eight hours with paratroopers operating with 70lbs of ‘fighting order’ in temperatures of up to 50 degrees centigrade.
Afghanistan (Operation Herrick VIII)
2 PARA operated as Battle Group North operating from five Forward Operating Bases (FOBs) in the Upper Sangin Valley. These were situated in the area of the ‘Green Zone’ fertile farmland stretching one kilometre either side of the Helmand River.