Tiger Moth aircraft
During The Second World War, the German armed forces fielded an array of weaponry against their Allied opponents. Many of these weapons were either encountered by, or indeed, used by Airborne Forc
After the Second World War the Belgian Mitrailleuse d’Appui General (MAG – General Purpose Machine Gun) was selected as the winning design to replace both the Vickers Heavy Machine Gun and Bren Lig
Airborne Forces have long been associated with not only the maroon beret but also the famous Denison Smock.
The 75mm Pack Howitzer was originally designed in the United States to meet a requirement for an artillery piece that could be moved easily across terrain.
The Westland Wessex was a British version of the Sikorsky S-58 "Choctaw", developed under license by Westlands.
The Sonderkraftfahrzeug (Special Purpose Vehicle or SDKFZ) 181 Tiger 1, commonly known as the German Tiger 1 Heavy Tank was designed by Porsche in 1941 in response
The Ferret armoured car, was a scout car built for reconnaissance and liaison purposes, produced by Daimler from the 1950s to 1970s.
The Ordnance Quick Firing 25-pounder was the primary British field gun and howitzer during the Second World War.
The 4x4 General Purpose vehicle, (nicknamed “Jeep” either due to the “GP” initials or after a character “Eugene the Jeep" in the Popeye cartoons), became a familiar sight amongst all allie
The Projector, Infantry, Anti-Tank (PIAT) was designed in response to the need for a hand-held infantry anti-tank weapon to replace the earlier, ineffective, Boys anti tank rifle and provide much n
The Welbike Airborne Motorcycle, a considerably smaller version than the motorcycles designed for gliderborne and full parachute-drop capability, was used during the Second World War.
The Handley Page HP 67 Hastings was designed by the Handley Page Aircraft Company as a troop-carrier and freight transport aircraft with the capability to deploy parachutists
The FV1620 Humber Hornet (Official Designation: FV1620, Truck 1 ton, air portable, launcher, Hornet) was a modification of the FV1611 Humber Pig 1 ton 4x4 Armoured Car into an air portable anti-tan
The Argosy was a transport aircraft designed in the mid 1950s, which first flew in 1959, before entering service with the Royal Air Force from the mid 1960s.
The Vickers Valetta was a British military transport of the late 1940s. This aircraft's history is currently being researched.
The Airborne Handcart as used by WWII British Glider Forces. The handcart provided troops with the ability to move stores and equipment after a glider landing.
The purpose of gliders was to set a body of airborne soldiers or heavy equipment down in one place, rather than being scattered by the wind.
The Vickers Machine Gun is the name primarily used to refer to the water-cooled, .303 inch machine gun produced by Vickers Limited, originally for the British Army.
After the First World War the British Army was equipped with the Vickers and Lewis Machine guns.
The STEN was a basic war economy design for a machine carbine when there was an urgent need for such a simple home produced weapon.
From early in 1943, 295 Squadron RAF began to re-equip with the Halifax Mark V in place of the Whitley Mark V.
The RAF's largest bomber at the outbreak of war. In 1939 it soon became obsolete due to its slowness and vulnerability.
The C.G-4A Waco was the standard medium glider of the American Airborne Forces in the Second World War.
Designed by BSA, folding bicycles were used airborne soldiers to provide a degree of mobility once on the ground.
This aircraft first flew in 1944 as the C82 Packet. Designed for cargo, a few were used for parachute drops and glider tugs. Only around 200 were produced because of design limitations.
The first production C-130 Hercules or 'Herc' entered service with the US in December 1956.
The Hamilcar was developed General Aircraft Ltd (GAL) from January 1941 to meet the requirements for the transport of heavy equipment for airborne troops following Prime Minister W
Designed in 1935 the Hector was taken into service with the RAF in the then new Army Co-operation Wing No. 50 at Odiham in 1937.
The ‘Hotspur’ was a glider designed by FF Crocombe to transport troops and was manufactured by General Aircraft Ltd.
This twin engined reconnaissance medium bomber supplied to the RAF was never used in European airborne operations.
Designed as a light freighter for forward areas, the Scottish Aviation Prestwick 'Twin' Pioneer can carry up to 16 passengers.
The Douglas Dakota proved itself to be an outstanding all purpose transport aircraft during the war and it was used in all theatres.
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces