2 inch mortar
BRITISH 2 INCH MORTAR, MK 7** and MK 8. DETAILS.
Dakota KP208 stood outside the Aldershot Airborne Forces Museum for many years and was extensively photographed in the background of passing out platoon images.
The Rifle, Anti Tank, .55inch, was issued to British infantry units from 1934 onwards.
The 24 Hour Ration was a direct successor to the Mess Tin Ration (48 Hour), which was first issued for the invasion of North Africa. Whilst the Mess Tin Ration served
The Glock 17 Gen 4 was brought into service, replacing the venerable Browning L9A1 after over 40 years in the MOD
The MP40 or Maschinenpistole 40 was a 9mm German sub machine gun designed in 1938 by Heinrich Vollmer.
The Browning Hi Power 9mm Pistol was used by the British Airborne Forces from the 1940s onwards. The Browning Hi Power pistol also known as:
This iconic pistol has been used by over 40 countries and even 100 years after it's creation is still in use by armies and Special Forces today, making it one of the longest running firearms in his
The M1 Carbine was a lightweight rifle developed and produced by the United States and used in limited numbers by British airborne forces during the Second World War.
Some original images from AATDC (Army Airborne Testing & Development Centre), resourced from the Airborne Assault archives.
The flame thrower portable No2, was nicknamed the "Lifebuoy" due to the shape of it's fuel tank. Also known as the "Ack Pack" it was of British design and used by infantry in the Second World war.
The Polsten design originated in Poland and was transferred to the UK when the Germans overran Poland in 1939.
The C15TA Armoured Truck was developed by General Motors Canada along the same lines as the American M3 ‘White’ Scout Car, which it was intended to replace.
The Land Rover was launched by Rover in 1948. Over the following years it developed into a a series of four-wheel-drive models in both long and short wheel base versions.
Throughout history soldiers have had various methods of transporting their equipment, weapons and ammunition to the battlefield.
The Lee Enfield Rifle has a long and prestigious heritgae within the British Army, tracing its root back to a requirment for a new rifle in the late 19th century.
The L85A2 is the British Army's standard combat weapon.
Developed from the Minimi Light Machine Gun following experience in Iraq and Afghanistan, the LMG is a belt-fed suppression weapon.
In imagery of airborne forces vehicles in the Second World War it is apparent a similar camouflage pattern is employed on each.
From the onset of parachute training at RAF Ringway in June-July 1940, it was quickly identified that s
The first type of body armour issued to airborne forces was designed by the Medical Research Council (MRC).
The M3 Scout Car was an all wheeled armoured car designed in 1937 by the White Motor Company in the United States.
The Universal Carrier, also known as the Bren Gun Carrier, was a light armoured tracked vehicle built by Vickers-Armstrong from 1934 onwards.
The Pinzgauer 716M Truck Utility Medium (Heavy Duty) – TUM(HD) – performs a variety of roles for Airborne Forces, from carrying stores, acting as command and communications vehicle
The Ordnance Quick Firing 17 Pounder (76.2mm) Anti tank Gun was developed as a replacement for the earlier 6 Pounder gun
The Ordnance Quick Firing 6 Pounder (57mm) Anti Tank Gun was developed as a replacement for the earlier 2 Pounder (40mm) gun and first saw service in North Africa in 1942.
The Panzerkampfwagen 740 B2 (F) was the German designation of the French Char B tanks pressed into German service after the fall of France in 1940.
The Sdkfz 142 Sturmgeshutz III Assault Gun, was a German self propelled gun utilising the Pzkpfw III tank chassis and was produced in a number of variants from the Ausf A to Ausf G.
The German Sdkfz 161 Panzerkampfwagen (Pzkpfw IV) was first introduced into German service in the late 1930s as Nazi Germany rearmed in preparation for war and was continuously produced until 1945
The German Sdkfz 182 Tiger Ausf B tank was known informally to the Germans as Konistiger (Bengal Tiger) whilst being commonly referred to as the Tiger II or King Tiger by Allied troops.
SA80 is the designation for a family of assault weapons in service from the mid 1980s.
The L129A1 was selected in 2009 to replace the L96 Rifle in the sharpshooter role.
The M22 Locust was developed in the United States, by Marmon Herrington, at the request of the British War Office in order to replace the
The Wolfhound is a six-wheeled variant of the Mastiff Heavy Protected Patrol Vehicle, which gives troops increased protection as they support missions in high-threat areas.
The Tetrarch, Light Tank MkVII was designed in the late 1930s to replace the existing fleet of British Light Tanks.
Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces