Welfare requests and Transition for those facing Medical Discharge

Applications for assistance from serving members of the Regiment and their families should be made via Unit Welfare Officers, who will contact the RHQ PARA Welfare Cell if required.

Veterans with welfare needs should contact The Royal British Legion, SSAFA or The Officers’ Association. These organisations have case workers who can assist you promptly and professionally and will approach RHQ on your behalf, if appropriate.  

Those who are facing medical discharge through either the Wounded Injured & Sick (WIS) or RECU routes should make an appointment with the Regimental Welfare Officer as early as possible in the discharge process to ensure that they receive the maximum benefits available to them during transition.

Appointments should be made via Unit WIS staff or Unit Welfare Officers but can be made direct on (01206) 817103 during periods of leave or when Battalions are deployed.

There is help available from a number of sources and those soldiers, veterans or family members who have been affected by injury or loss are encouraged to contact the Regimental Welfare Officer to see what assistance may be given.

They are also strongly recommended to contact Help for Heroes and join the Band of Brothers (BoB) or Band of Sisters (BoS). These organisations provide fantastic opportunities, a listening ear and excellent welfare support. 

Read More


Make a donation to Airborne Assault ParaData to help preserve the history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces